Saturday, March 01, 2008

Some Saturday Randomisity....

So I don't have a lot to say, but feel like I should post, it's gonna be sort of random today. Maddison had a basketball game this morning, two actually. They won the first one and lost the second, which is their first loss of the season. These are sixth graders, so you wouldn't expect much, but they have a girl, the coaches daughter, who is awesome and it's always fun to watch them play. Maddison is a scrappy little thing, and gets into foul trouble often, like mother, like daughter I guess. My parents came down for the game, and then we had lunch. It was fun to see my parents, I don't think I've seen them since Christmas, crazy.

Andrew starts nights tonight, he goes on at 9pm and works until 7am. Wish me luck, cause I hate this shift. There's something about going to bed alone that just ruins your whole day. He got his car yesterday, the kids were super stoked about that. Well all but Maddison, she wasn't sure how she feels about having a patrol car in the driveway. It was totally disgusting, he obviously got a used one, being lowest on the totem pole, and whoever had it before him didn't clean it out, there was actually blood on the seat, nasty.

On another note, my kids keep asking me about a friend that I am not in touch with any more. It's funny how kids pick up on things. Really it's a long story, one that I wouldn't go into here, but they notice that this person doesn't come around anymore. I never know what to say when they ask. Oh well some day they will understand that sometimes things happen, people move or change, or whatever happens, but eventually you lose touch and it's hard to adjust, but you do. We've gone through this a couple times in our life with our friends. You know how it goes sometimes, you sort of go in cycles with who you hang out with, whether it's because of working with someone, or if they are parents of your kids friends, or college or high school friends, but it's ever evolving and kids are such creatures of habit that they notice ever little change. They ask why don't we see so and so anymore, it's just a weird question and often times the answers are so adult that it's hard to answer.

Okay so that was my Saturday morning rambling in randomness. I hope it was confusing to anyone, because honestly my head hurts so bad right now, I'm barely aware of what I'm writing. I hate that, but I missed the window of coffee this morning due to the basketball game, and I have a raging caffeine addiction headache, so I am going to go ahead and end this.

No comments: