Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Writing in a coffee shop......

Holy Sh** I thought I could multi-task, but wow this place is busy today. I am obviously not sitting in the right place because I have my ear buds in and still it's extremely loud. Were talking several conversations going on and people coming and going and my music in my head and I can't think of a thing to write. Totally frustrating to waste my child free morning in the coffee shop without writing a word, so I leave you with this. I changed my song yet again, mostly to irritate my husband, cause he doesn't like my music player. I'm sure he's not the only one, but if you don't like it, you can shut it off, anyway here are the words to the song playing. Kris Delmhosrt, I love her and she has a new album coming out in April, can't wait.

Arms Length

I thought about you today
Didn't mean to, it was uninvited
That's what this band-aid is for
I just looked down, saw bloody onions
Now go, don't stay no more
I don't know what to do with my hands
Cause I'm lost in an arm's length of space
And I can't find a good place to stand
I talked about you today
Kind of funny, a total stranger
I didn't mean what I said
But it surprised me, felt so clean
Now go, don't stay no more
You'll have to find your own way to the door
Cause I'm lost in an arm's length of space
And I just can't smile like this anymore
You know that windows are for seeing through
Forget that they can show things back to you
And I had it coming today
Said all the things I made myself swear I would not say
And what goes into your ears is there to stay
So I got to watch it, but I can't hold this tongue
So go don't stay
I'm not really sure this is my life
But I'm lost in an arm's length
And I need something I can pull in tight
Need something I can pull in tight
Is there something I can pull in tight

No comments: