Friday, August 26, 2005

WARNING!! T.V. Might Be Harmful To Your Health

So last night I was flipping through channels watching absolutely nothing on t.v., because nothing is on, it's summer and I have what some people call "Country Cable", which is to say I pay more for my Tivo than I do for my cable and get very few channels. The only reason we got cable is because our bunny ears stopped getting ABC and we couldn't watch our shows, so we had to break down and get cable. Well anyway, I was flipping and watching a couple shows at a time when I came upon Being Bobby Brown. I thought he was in jail or something, and I certainly thought that he and Whitney Houston were over. Much to my surprise, though, they are very much together and he is not in jail, he has his own reality show. It's sort of like the Ozzbornes in that it just follows them around a bit. I really believe that I lost actual brain cells during the few moments I watched. I didn't sit down and watch the whole show you see I am a flipper, I pride myself on the ability to watch three, sometimes four shows at a time, so I did not see this in its entirety. The few times I flipped back to it though, it was Bobby or Whitney talking about crap, and I mean that in the literal sense. It showed them at restaurants, meetings, in studios, all of these fine upstanding places and they were farting and talking about taking a dump. The saddest part of it all was the scenes when their daughter was in it. Here's Whitney Houston, the has been diva blaming one her farts on her daughter, much to her daughters mortified embarassment. It was awful and I just couldn't stop thinking about it last night. What has the world come to that we are watching drug addicts that beat up on one another and crap their pants in public places and call that entertainment. It almost makes me want to get rid of my cable all together.

No comments: