Sunday, August 21, 2005

Cheesecake...


So once a year my husband gets his beloved birthday cheesecake. This just happened to be last week and once again I made the cheesecake. It all started like 7 or 8 years ago when we were dating, I made this cheesecake for him for his birthday, and he loved it and said that's all he ever wanted for his birthday for the rest of his life. Now I can cook, it's my thing, I grew up with a wonderful mother that can cook anything so it just comes naturally. And since that fated day years ago, I have made several really good cheesecakes, but this chocolate swirled one is the cheesecake of choice. I don't know if it is because I make them once a year or if maybe I just really don't love cheesecake, but it's getting to the point that I don't even like the stinkn' cheesecake. So I slave over this thing once a year and have one piece and if the kids are lucky, they get one piece, but that's it he doesn't share with anyone else. In fact next year I'm not even sure he'll let me invite his parents, because that's two less pieces of cheesecake for him. I guess it's his party and he can share his cake if he wants to...or maybe have his cake and eat it too...oh whatever Happy Birthday Honey!

2 comments:

Holly Hyde said...

Hey, Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoyed your day and your cake of cheese.

llear, is it possible that the famed cheesecake might be a good candidate for your next monthly recipe post?

Anonymous said...

What did Cheesecake Hog get for his birthday???