Thursday, August 25, 2005

First Day Of School!!


Sorry it has taken so long to document this glorious day, but I've been so busy getting back into the swing of things. My daughter started her first day of fourth grade Monday and we've been moving and grooving ever since. My middle child starts three days a week pre-school in two weeks and then maybe we will slow back into the routine of running children everywhere. My daughter is not nearly as excited about starting school as she used to be, but then again only two of her friends are in her class this year and it's like starting over, she doesn't know anyone. Her boyfriend" is also not in her class, which is causing a major uproar in the fourth grade frenzy of boyfriends and girlfriends. I'm confident that she will get back in the social circle soon, though. I asked her why it even mattered if she had a boyfriend, it's not like she can go on dates or anything. And her reply was priceless, she said, "Yeah, we can't even kiss or hold hands in fourth grade", good to know she's learning something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lydia wasn't that excited, either! But, I know it will get better! Boyfriend not in class, either. After 3 years, time to move on!

L said...

Yeah what's the point of a boyfriend in fourth grade anyway.