Tuesday, August 16, 2005

72nd Annual Homecoming!

We spent last week at my parents house for Homecoming, which is kind of like a county fair, not football. We had great rides and lots of fun with friends and family. Every night was a late night, and got progressively later, but the kids were troopers and stayed up with the best of them. We had lots of homecoming hamburgers and all the other carnival treats, cotton candy, funnel cakes and carmel apples. It was great fun, but after basically two weeks of being away from home, I'm ready to stay for good. School starts next week and I'm actually welcoming the routine again, that and getting my kids away from one another. Summer was fun and I'm sure I'll miss the lazy days after about a month of school, but then we'll have the holidays to look forward to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It WAS fun, wasn't it? I especially enjoyed the margaritas and the too violent game of spoons. We need to make that an annual part of our family's fun! It was great to see you all and hope we can get together soon!!

Love,