Sunday, July 24, 2005

Recipes

Okay so I'm going to start sharing a recipe of the month, since I love to cook. If anyone would like to share a recipe with me, please feel free to send it my way. Since it's hot and people don't like heating up thier kitchen, I'm sending one of my favorite grilling recipes. My sister actually gave this one to me, so enjoy and fix it for company, it's awsome.

Grilled Flank Steak
3 C. dry red wine
3 C. chopped onions
2 1/4 C. soy sauce
3/4 C. olive oil
8 large garlic cloves, chopped
1 Tbsp. plus 1 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1 Tbsp. plus 1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
4 1/2 lb. Flank Steak
6 large bell peppers (red, yellow, orange, green) cut into 3/4 inch strips
3 large red onions cut into 1/2 inch slices

Combine first 7 ingredients in large bowl. Divide steak, bell peppers, and red onion among large shallow pans. Pour marinade over, turn to coat, cover and refrigerate 3 to 6 hours. Grill over high heat, drain steaks & veggies & grill to desired doneness, about 4 min. per side for rare. Slice steaks thinly across grain.
Serve with grilled rolls.
Grilled French Bread: 3/4 C. olive oil, 6 garlic cloves flattened, 18 french bread rolls. Heat oil, add garlic & cook until light brown. Discard garlic, brush rolls, sprinkle with pepper & grill.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm..I've had it and it IS wonderful! Although everything Leigh prepares is wonderful; so this is really redundant.

Holly Hyde said...

Oooh, this is the best idea you've had all week. I will take all the recipes you've got. And I have one for you to try as well if you're interested. I'll email you.