Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Boys and their toys!!

You know the old saying, "the bigger the boy, the bigger his toys", well that rang true for us this weekend. After almost two years of riding other people's motorcycles, my husband finally got his Harley. Many questions have been asked of me since his purchase, like "aren't you mad?", "how could you let him get one?", or "are you worried he'll wreck it?"... Well after having a full weekend of ownership and having gone for a ride myself, I have had some time to ponder these questions. Why am I not mad, I just let him fulfill a hobby that not only has its dangers, but also gives him another reason for being away from home. I'm not mad, though, in fact I think he deserves it. He works hard and provides well for our family. He is a great father and role model. Having a Harley isn't going to change any of those things. As for "letting" him, well he is six feet tall, I don't think I could stop him if I tried. And the worry part, well I have faith in the Lord and whether it's riding the Harley or driving around in the old Lincoln, if it's his time to go, nothing is going to change that. Have a little faith in the Lord, it will make life easier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Andrew got a Harley. I can't believe I haven't heard about it until now! It's fantastic and I know he's been wanting one for a while. Hopefully he'll let me ride it soon!

Holly Hyde said...

Wow, all this love, faith, support, etc....I feel suddenly like the grass is greener and the sun is sun-shinier! Now we just need "What a Beautiful World" playing softly in the background, accompainied by the faint roar of Harley in the distance.